June 30, 2016
Position Title: Field Specialist
Closing Date: Open until filled
Type: Full time
At Efficiency Services Group, our business is our mission. We believe in a world where it is universally more valuable to solve energy efficiency problems than create them. Where what we do is develop residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural programs. We are here to connect people with greater efficiency on a large scale. And we can’t do it without you.
We are seeking a Field Specialist who will be enthusiastic and energetic and who is ready to wear many hats for a growing company. The Field Specialist reflects the overall ESG spirit and culture.
This is a mid-level position and will report to the Program Manager and will work closely with the larger ESG team. This person will work out of our office in Hillsboro, Oregon.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct inspections to verify that the energy efficiency/renewable energy measures or equipment have been installed to program quality standards.
- Conduct BPI standard energy audits, as well as company developed audits.
- Document results. If discrepancies are found, document with digital photos. Track and enter all required program data in an accurate and timely manner. Provide proper and timely reporting of program progress and/or deficiencies. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Answer customer questions regarding rebate applications, program processes, and energy audits. Help resolve customer issues by working with contractor and customer.
- Provide technical guidance to contractors/clients/customers on addressing program problems. Assist utility customers with addressing energy efficiency upgrades to their homes.
- Stay current on latest program changes, policies, procedures, etc. and propose ideas for improvement to utilities. These include but are not limited to: Bonneville Power Association, California Solar Initiative (CSI), Regional Technical Forum, Energy Trust of Oregon, Building Performance Institute, Performance Tested Comfort Systems and the Northwest Trade Ally Network.
- Office administration work related to utility program operations. This work includes answering utility customer calls, occasional technical review of incoming contracts, accurate and timely generation of audit reports and calculators related to programs across the residential, commercial, agriculture and industrial utility sectors.
- Manage monthly expense reporting.
- Attend staff meetings and other related meetings pertaining to residential and non-residential building performance.
What We’ll Need From You
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate ability to consistently find ways to contribute to overall team efficiency and effectiveness with reasonable, but minimal supervision.
- Be flexible in jumping from one project to another.
- Be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Be accurate and detail oriented.
- Work with colleagues to achieve great results for our clients.
- Complete work within deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and client relationship management skills.
- Show an enthusiasm for energy conservation.
- Communicate technical and program concepts to contractors and customers.
- Contribute to creating a positive and productive work culture while performing in a deadline driven environment.
- Be flexible with schedule; may require evening and weekend work.
- High school diploma required.
- One year of closely-related work experience required. A college degree in a related field may be substituted for experience.
- BPI Certified (Analyst and Envelope) preferred.
- PTCS Duct Sealing Certification preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl and maneuver into and around tight spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc.).
- Ability to carry ladders, tools and equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous conditions such as damp areas, construction sites, agriculture and industrial facilities.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time. Ability to drive long distances.
- Ability to perform office related tasks and provide effective communication from the field.
What You’ll Get
When you work for us, there’s plenty in it for you:
Company medical, dental and vision benefits, PTO, 401(k) with company matching program.
COME WORK FOR US